- 1 cauliflower head
- 2 cups sprouts (I found some tasty-looking pea shoots)
- 1/2 cup fresh vegetable juice
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 small apple
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of cayenne pepper
The only explanation for how breathtaking spring is here seems to be the contrast against the raging cold. Granted, we’re not in Chicago, but the winter was pretty biting, coming from 70° winters in Austin. (I kid you not, one time it hit a Texas high of 90°.) I was mightily grateful to experience a real winter, but even more ecstatic to have a fresh breath of spring.
So now buds are unexpectedly sprouting up everywhere, from the branch outside your window to the spread of trees in the park. It’s inspiring.
In the vein of freshness, I experimented with another raw recipe, courtesy of Living in the Raw. ($5 for enlightenment, come on.) Can’t wait to try more recipes, and I’ll keep y’all posted.
1. Thoroughly rinse all vegetables (and the apple) under cold running water.
2. Chop the cauliflower into florets, dice the onion, chop the carrots, and mince the garlic and ginger.
3. Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and serve cold.